Friday, September 23, 2011

Tony Bennett offers completely unnecessary apology for his 9/11 remarks on Howard Stern's radio program

Bennett, 85, fought in the Battle of the Bulge in WWII and marched with Martin Luther King, Jr. in the 60s. He said the experiences made him into a humanist and pacifist.

Bennett's statement included the following assertion: "There is simply no excuse for terrorism and the murder of the nearly 3,000 innocent victims of the 9/11 attacks on our country...I am sorry if my statements suggested anything other than an expression of my love for my country, my hope for humanity and my desire for peace throughout the world."

On Stern's show, Bennett took issue to with Stern's assertions that the terrorists "started it," and obviously referred to blowback from U.S. policies in the Middle East.

"They flew the plane in but we caused it," Bennett said on the show. "Because we were bombing them and they told us to stop."

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis