Saturday, July 26, 2014

FL Tea Party Rep. Curt Clawson claims he mistook U.S. Gov't officials for Indians before being fully briefed

Gawker said Freshman Florida GOP Congressman Curt Clawson ("I love your country!") mistook senior U.S. officials Nisha Biswal (State Department) and Arun Kumar (Commerce Department) as foreign nationals (India) because he apparently wasn't paying attention when they were introduced and also didn't check the cheat sheet on his table which listed everyone in the meeting
     From Foreign Policy:
While Clawson's office did not respond to a request for comment, the congressman apologized in a statement to USA Today later on Friday. "I made a mistake in speaking before being fully briefed and I apologize. I'm a quick study, but in this case I shot an air ball," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis